February 24, 2017

SP-9 Gandhiji asked, "The world is so big. Millions may be chanting Ramanama. Do you really think that Rama will be listening to you?"

Gandhiji asked, "The world is so big. Millions may be chanting Ramanama. Do you really think that Rama will be listening to you?"

I read this story in some book by an English Author.

At that time, Gandhiji was staying at a house of a poet in Saurashtra.

The house was big and had many rooms. On ground floor the poet used to live and he used to write his poems. On first floor, in one room, his servant Bahadur used live.

This servant had habit of continuously chanting Ramnama all the time.

So one day Gandhiji asked him, "The world is so big. Millions may be chanting Ramanama. Do you really think that Rama will be listening to you?"

Bahadur replied, "Suppose, that my master wants tea and at that time I am sleeping in my room in first floor. So master will first shout my name. If I do not hear, he will shout louder. Then he will come near stairs and will shout my name. Then he will climb few stairs and will shout my name..well... Don't you think he will get his tea?"

Gandhiji got the point. If we continuously chant Ramnama, sooner or later, Rama will listen to our voice.

Whatever may be name of our God, if we chant continuously, our voice may be heard by God.

Haresh Raichura 24/2/2017