November 23, 2017

From Book by Rohinton F. Nariman : "That, in turn, made me take up the Bhagavad Gita, in which I found a direct philosophy dealing with duty, action, and detachment, including renunciation of the fruits of action.

From Book by Rohinton F. Nariman : "That, in turn, made me take up the Bhagavad Gita, in which I found a direct philosophy dealing with duty, action, and detachment, including renunciation of the fruits of action.

As a result, I devoured the book quite easily, and was able to appreciate it.

After reading the Gita, I began reading the New Testament in right earnest, and found beautiful passages in all the four gospels.

That then took me on to the Quran, which again, as a prescribed way of life, specific and clear in its instructions, made immediate sense to me.

Anguished by the fact that my own Zoroastrian religion made no sense to me at all, I met up with Professor Kaikhusrov Irani in New York (when I was about 25 years old), and it was he who sent me to Columbia University’s reading room, in which I began reading works by A.V. Williams Jackson on the Zoroastrian religion, as well as works by R.C. Zaehner.

After reading these books, the Zoroastrian religion slowly started gaining clarity in my mind.

When I realized that the Gathas – the most sacred text of the Zoroastrian faith – themselves were only in a language that was a sister of Rigvedic Sanskrit, I began reading the Gathas and attempted to discover their real meaning with equivalent Sanskrit words..."

"The Inner Fire: Faith, Choice, and Modern-day Living in Zoroastrianism" by Rohinton F. Nariman. Start reading it for free: http://a.co/3YcLemx