September 18, 2019

Is Law really an ass? There is a saying that the "Law is an ass." After 37 years in practice in law, I think that I have found an answer.

Is Law really an ass? There is a saying that the "Law is an ass." After 37 years in practice in law, I think that I have found an answer.

The answer is, "Sometimes it is an ass and sometimes it is not an ass."

In one ancient army, an arrow was stuck in head of a soldier. He went to external doctor. The external doctor removed half of the arrow which was visible.

Regarding arrow which was inside his head, he advised him to go to Internal Doctor. He said,"It is jurisdiction of Internal Doctor to remove that part of arrow."

When I see Justice losing against games of jurisdictions, I remember this story.

At othertimes lawyers try to outsmart judges. They file multiple cross proceedings in such a way that Justice gets locked in their games.

When I see judges seeing through these games, and when they do justice anyhow, I remember that "Law is not an ass".

You have to get into arena of courtrooms to see exciting games and exciting battles.

Those who have read Perry Mason series of novels, know how exciting courtroom dramas are.

(C) Haresh Raichura 18/9/19