February 25, 2012

How to Criticize Supreme Court and High Court Judges by Forming a NGO

(This is a purely imaginary literary work not intended to offend any judge,lawyer, litigant or any one else) 


In the Mountains of Tibet
A younger lama said to an elder Lama,

“ I want to set up a NGO
to criticize Judges of Supreme Court and High Courts”
Younger Lama expressed a desire

“Not a bad idea”
Elder Lama said and asked,
“Who will fund your NGO?”

“There are 1000 Judge- Hunting-Clubs in India
They all will provide me with funds.
There are 1000 politicians
Who are unable to get bails,
They will donate me generous funds

There are 1000 businessmen in India
Who want to control Supreme Court and High Court Judges.
They will sponsor advertisements of my NGO

There are 1000 ministers in Government
Who want to divide Supreme Court
By hook or by crook

They all will provide Funds and State Patronage 
And TV Coverage to my NGO”
Younger Lama explained his well thought out secret plan.

(2)
Elder Lama asked,
“And who will come forward to save you
if these judges decide to fix you up
and to shut up you?”

“Chief Justice of India will help me out.
We used to study together in nursery school”
Younger Lama explained.

“And who will help you
If these judges decide to physically beat you up
when CJI may have gone abroad?”
Elder Lama pointed out a sublime risk factor.

“That could be a serious problem! I never thought about that”
Younger Lama admitted

3)

After half an hour,
Elder Lama suggested an alternative plan,
“Why don’t you set up an NGO
to criticize those who attack Judiciary?”

“Not a bad idea!
Younger Lama said and asked,
“And who will fund my NGO?”

Elder Lama replied,
“It will be unethical for sitting judges
to fund your NGO. But some retired judges
May give you few hundred rupees to cover your stationary expanses”

Younger Lama asked again,
“And who will save me
if 1000 judge-hunting –clubs in India,
1000 politicians, and 1000 businessmen,
and 1000 ministers decide to beat me up
for defending judiciary?”

Elder Lama replied,
“Your friend Chief Justice of India will help you out.
You said that he and you used to study together in nursery school"

“True.  But now he has become a big man.
He may refuse to remember anyone who may be studying with him
in a nursery school”
Younger Lama posed a realistic difficulty


“That could be a serious problem!
I never thought about that”
Elder Lama admitted

For one hour none of them said anything
And they kept sitting silently


Then Elder Lama asked
“So what did you finally decide?”

Younger Lama replied,
“If my heart becomes my Sun with light of knowledge,
Then I would not have to look at others for light.
And if I do not look at others for light,
Then I will not have any need to criticize anyone.


So I think best idea for me is not to set up any NGO.”
Younger Lama concluded.




(From Book, Tomato Soup for Judges and Lawyers- By Haresh Raichura)