April 20, 2017

S-124 Many times Lawyers do work without being paid. Pay Off

Many times Lawyers do work without being paid.

Here, they search for FOUR  Type of Pay Offs from such unpaid work.

1) Will I feel sense of achievement by doing this work?

2) Will I feel more connected with people if I do this work?

3) Will I receive some kind of Recognisition if I do this work?

4) Will I learn something new if I do this work?

If answer of any of these four question comes in YES, then they often feel rewarded even if they are not paid.

Many years ago, I still remember, this talk. Outside Court No.3 in Supreme Court, a senior advocate criticised me for doing many cases where either no fees were paid or if fees were paid, they were too low..

I merely smiled in reply.

After some months, Chambers were alloted. I got a chamber as I had done many cases. But that Senior Advocate was denied Chamber on ground that his cases were few.

There is a Law of Compensation  in Universe.

The point is : Even when a lawyer does a work without being paid, he does get some sort of pay off.

Haresh Raichura 17/4/2017