April 22, 2017

S128 How a Letter to a Sitting Judge of High Court, helped me to get placement under a Senior Advocate.

In 1986, I had just shifted to practice in HC from a District place. I was unsure, insecure and struggling.

One day, as I was coming out from Wash Room of High Court Bar, a rival advocate bullied me and said I should not have shifted to HC.

That evening I felt very bad and remembered God.

Then I wrote a letter to a sitting HC Judge.

Letter began like this : "It is said in GITA that all Glorious and Strong Persons are Parts of God and whoever shall reach to them, shall be deemed to have reached Me... Hence I write this.."

Then I briefly wrote down how I was bullied etc. Nothing more.

After I posted letter, 3 things happened in next 15 days.

1) President of Bar called me and advised me not to write letters to Judges.

2) A Senior Advocate told me that his advocate freind in trial court can offer me a job in his office. I politely declined.

3) Then an advocate came and told me that Vasant Desai was right type of Senior for me. Then he met Vasant Desai and told him that I was the right type of Junior for his office.

Well, it clicked and I joined office of Senior Advocate Vasant J Desai. The name of sitting Judge was Justice D H Shukla. I had never met him. His judgements looked compassionate, hence I had chosen to write to him.

Point 1) : Judges who write judgements with compassion in their hearts, usually have more God in their hearts.

Point 2) When you have a problem and you see no one who can help you, it may help if you let your problem known to few Glorious and Strong Persons.

Haresh Raichura  22/4/2017