April 7, 2017

S-117 Should there be a Help Line Number in High Courts to guide young lawyers and Law students

Should there be a Help Line Number in High Courts to guide young lawyers and Law students if they need clarification on some points of law?

I don't know. But until such things happen, law students and young lawyers can call me on +919818069727 preferably between 6pm to 7pm if they need any clarification on any points of law. This will be without obligation. I may not know all the answers, but I will try to guide.

I write this because three months ago a Karnataka Law Student asked me if he can ask me some clarification on a question relating to moot court preparation.

I said no.

Even then, yesterday, he called me and tried to seek some clarification on these points of law. I gave him some answers reluctantly. But he felt delighted to learn the answer.

I then reflected, could he not have asked these questions to law professors? Or to some local lawyer freinds?

It seemed to me that he could not have. The professors may not have answered him as the questions could have been answered only by someone who has experience of practising  in these areas of law.

This led me to think that if there is such a Help Line number in every High Court, the law students and new Lawyers can benefit immensely.

Hence, I have written this.

Haresh Raichura  7/4/17