September 6, 2012

"I cannot pay more than Rs.35K for filing case in Supreme Court. I have talked with all my relatives" - A poor man said

It pains my heart when I see that High Court has passed a patently erroneous judgement against a poor man.

The poor man, who may be living on hand to mouth basis,may have to come to Delhi and to file case in Supreme Court.

It is normally beyond reach of a poor man to reach Supreme Court. They usually talk with their relatives and take loans from relatives to meet expanses of filing a case in Supreme Court.

I met one such poor client today. High Court judgement was wrong on face of it. But this poor man had no option but to file matter in Supreme Court.

This reminded me of late Senior Advocate B. K. Mehta. We had engaged him. And a poor man paid Rs.10K towards his fees.

Next day, B. K. Mehta called me and said that his conscience was biting him. He returned Rs. 10K to poor man.

I wish there are more such Senior Advocates in Supreme Court.



If you like this TRUE story, please tweet this.

Haresh Raichura
6/9/2012