June 28, 2014

"Ask yourself, will you die if you will not write?" In Letters to a Young Poet - by Rainer Maria Rilke


Just reading. Feeling liberated.

Just reading this old classical book, "Letters to a Young Poet"

I had some misconceptions about worthiness of my poems. The misconceptions evaporated in seconds.

Such is the power of old classic books. Here, the author, Rainer was born in 1875... 139 years ago.

I just read following lines:

"But I am very poor, and my books, as soon as they are published, no longer belong to me. I can't even afford them myself."

He advises young poets to stop doing it. Stop seeking approvals of others for poems they write.

A poet should ask himself, must he write? Will he die if he will not write? If answer to this question is Yes, then he must write on....

An artist or a creator writes for his own. He feels complete the moments he has brought out his creation into this world.

A poet or an artist passes through two phases, gestation and birthing.....

Just reading on the book......

Still reading....


27.06.2014
05.07.2014

Haresh Raichura