November 14, 2014

Words to Live By - "Water runs smooth where it is deep" - a Shakespearean Quote which saved many times

About 40 years ago, I had read a book of quotations from Shakespeare.

Some of the quotations stuck in my mind instantly.

One was "Water runs smooth where it is deep." ... When everything looks completely OK, there may be some danger lurking in background...

We cannot see all things. And yet we have to take decisions.

We see that water is smooth. We are tempted to jump in it to swim.

But here the warning comes.

Here, the water could be deep or there may be some lurking danger about which we may not be yet aware.

Yesterday, I was about to make a big investment in property. Everything looked perfectly ok.

Then this Shakespearean quotation came to find. Water may be deep here because everything looks so smooth.

Deferred my decisions. And then I recognised the deep danger involved. I cancelled decision instantly.

I think this Shakespearean Quote has helped me many times in past.
Hence, today, I acknowledge usefulness of this quote.

Haresh Raichura
14/11/14



Copyright : Haresh Raichura 2014. All Rights reserved.