September 13, 2013

Learning from a District Judge V. S. Moghe

Learning from a District Judge V. S. Moghe

He was District Judge around 1983 in Junagadh. I had just joined District Court.

I saw that there were so many touts moving in compound. There are rules that District Judge can prohibit entries of touts in court.

One day, with few junior advocates, I approached him with a representation to remove touts from court compound.

Here, he gave me a life- rule which I remember even today.

"Never kick in stomach of someone. Never kick in livelihood of some one. He will fight back with all his might"

I understood. Thereafter I never complained about any touts though I saw them in plenty in High Court and Supreme Court compounds.

They are unavoidable part of system.

Another thing which I learned from this District Judge was,

"Graces are no good things."

If you are getting something because someone is kind to you, this is not a good thing for you.

Haresh Raichura
13/9/13