February 15, 2014

.A Senior Advocate said, the Gujarati People are the best businessman across the world

Original discussion was about NAMO's ability to govern the government.

Issue got sidestepped when one Senior Advocate said that as per his observations, the Gujarati people are best businessman across the world. They know how to make their way through toughest competitions in world.

He was supported by many others on the table.

They cited their own examples in support of their claim.

I listened silently. Since I was also a Gujarati, it was improper for me to say anything.

It is good that Gujarati people have such a good image.

In 1990, when I looked for rented premises, landlords were not willing to let house to a lawyer. But when I said, I am Gujarati, they welcomed immediately.

One reason for such image may be that Gujarati people know that there are hidden costs involved in frivolous arguments and quarrels for asserting one's rights.

On the other hand, living harmoniously, without causing unnecessary frictions, makes it easy for others to give us cooperation.

Haresh Raichura
1207