July 29, 2014

Pain of Being Misunderstood (A short poem)

Pain of Being Misunderstood (A short poem)

When others misunderstand me
"It is their problem,
Not mine.
"
So I said to myself

But the pain which
I felt in my heart
Was 'Pain of Being Misunderstood'
And the pain was real

The cause was elsewhere
In multitudes of millions
Who misunderstand me,
But the effect was on me,
In my mind,
In my body.

So I said to myself,
"Pain of Being Misunderstood
Is an Illusion"


And so
I set myself free.

Haresh Raichura
29/07/2014

Ps. Gandhiji said, it is not enough to make ourselves clear. It is further our duty to see that we are properly understood.

(But how can we do that?
How do we know what others have understood?

Maximum what we can do is to try to be as much clear as possible. We may also take some extra steps to ensure that we are clear.

This seems to be the way)