July 11, 2014

Uday U Lalit is one of the Best Choices made by Supreme Court Collegium- Here are few verifiable reasons

I am not a very prominent advocate of Supreme Court. But I am here since 1990.

I have seen rise of many hard working advocates in Supreme Court.

I have seen rise of Uday Lalit since his early years.

As an advocate on record, I used to engage him in many cases.

Many years ago, once, at 5.00 PM, I called at his residence for his appointment. I was told to call after some time as he was in Puja.. I remember this very vividly.

He is a God believeing man. And such people are hard to find nowadays.

Once he was appointed by Supreme Court to assist court in a case where a Former Prime Minister of India, had misappropriated a large chunk of prime govt land. He did his duty. Assisted Court. And Supreme Court ordered to take away land of this former Prime Minister and restored it back to Government.

When Supreme Court wishes to give someone heavy responsibility, it first checks him by assigning him such cases. These are the tests of Integrity and competence.

I have never seen him engaging in gossip or in loose talk with anyone in corridors of Supreme Court.

He did not chase cases. The cases used to chase him. He maintained an equal and sober distance from all.

Isolation and Discipline, both are essential for progress of an Individial.
I have seen these both qualities in him.

I believe that he is one of the best choices which Supreme Court Collegium System has made for Judgeship of Apex Court, since last many years.

Haresh Raichura
11/07/1014