December 7, 2016

S-55 Tips for Junior Advocates : Placement Trick, how he got placement in an Advocate's office.

I heard this from a junior Advocate from Bihar. He was newly married. He had come to Delhi to practice under a Supreme Court lawyer.

His all attempts to get placement in office of a lawyer failed.

So he tried a trick. He posed as a commpter typist. He hid his qualification of Lawyer.

He soon got job of a computer typist in office of a lawyer of Supreme Court.

He survived. He could maintain his family from salary of a typist. And he also learned all types of legal drafting and other work.

One day, he came to my chamber to seek advice. I told him to tell whole truth to his boss.

He followed my advice. I do not what was reaction of his boss.

But soon I saw him moving in Court in dress of Advocates.

It meant that he had told whole truth to his boss and his boss has accepted him as junior lawyer.

I do not know whether what he did was right or wrong.

But be that as it may be. He is a brave story of struggle and survival.

Haresh Raichura 7/12/16