March 4, 2014

"I know only this much that I am here to give hours", said the new clerk

By chance, I met him. I had need for an additional part-time clerk. He expressed willingness to work.

An interview followed.

He described his experiences and said what he could do. I described him what work I expected from him.

Then he said;

"I know only this much that I am here to give you hours."

This sentence suddenly struck a chord in my mind.

It looked as if he was far more clear in his mind than me. He was clear that he has to come at certain time and he has to leave at certain time. In between, he can do whatever he can do.

Perhaps, all of us do this very thing.

We give hours to various tasks and activities of life. And that is all. Rest of the things keep happening on their own.

The day we are born, the God has given us certain hours to live. We give these hours to different people and to different tasks.

When we have spent all hours we had been given at time of our birth, it is all over.

So, Life is all about giving hours.

Haresh Raichura
1237