February 16, 2021

Once a law student wrote to me, how can he control his anger? There is a game that may help...

Once a law student wrote to me, how can he control his anger? 

My views are as under: 

1) It is difficult to control emotions. These are biological movements. They suddenly come out from the body, they bypasse "wisdom area" of brain. 

2) Emotional Intelligence books are there, but I am not sure that they help. Knowledge itself does not change us unless it is tested by us in our own set up.

3) On android Play Store, I found a Game App called "Equoo". It claims that 

(1)it is an evidence based game, 
(2) the more one plays the game, the more emotions become better. 

It says that all one need to do is to keep playing this game again and again. 

It also has a library section where scientific papers are indicated if any one wants to know theory too.

It claims that this game improves our responses to others.

I often play this game, when I feel that I have wrongly behaved with someone. 

I have this game since about 3 years. I am waiting for its more versions. 

(c) Haresh Raichura 16/2/21

#lawstudents #advocacy #junioradvocates #law #emotionalintellegence #emotionrecognition 
#angermanagement #anger