February 24, 2021

"Sir, when should I join legal profession? -

"Sir, when should I join legal profession? - a friend, someone more than just a LinkedIn connection asked.

I replied as under:

1. This question is to be answered by every individual himself.

2. It is like asking "When should I jump in a river full of crocodiles, in order to learn to swim?'

3. Everyone has to assess his own needs and his own willingness to undertake an adventurous and uncertain journey.

4. It is a battle between your "Will Power" and your "Your Reason." If a person's Reason is stronger, he prefers security and accounts type jobs. If a person's Will Power is stronger, he overrules  advice of his Reason and he takes decisions even where risks are high.

5. In my young age, most of my decisions overruled my reasons. But now in retrospect, I think that I should have followed advice of my Reason power. Many times, I had to fight with giant crocodiles in this wild river of law.

(c) Haresh Raichura 24/2/21

#motivation #legalprofession #lawstudents #legal #advocacy #junioradvocates #success #leadership #attoney #solutions #careers #job #lawfirms #lawschools