November 15, 2016

S-35 Tips for Young Lawyers: If you want honey, you should go where there are lots of honeybees.

There are many books to guide young lawyers on law. But are there any books which teach young lawyers how to get cases?

I am not sure. I have seen one such book in 1982 when I had just joined District Court Bar. I had found this book in Library of my Senior.

Today, I vaguely remember only one advice from this book.

It said that in initial years, you should go to many social events. Like marriage functions, community functions, someone's death related social gathering, political gathering etc.

After reading this book I understood behaviour of my Senior. In every evening I had to sit alone in his office, whereas he used to keep going to different social gatherings in evenings..

The suggestion is : If you want honey, go where there are lots of honeybees.

A contrary note: This suggestion has never been useful to me, because I am an introvert person. An introvert person feels uneasy in social events. He prefers to read books at home.

Haresh Raichura 15/11/16