November 5, 2013

An example: Knowledge not applied is useless trivia in mind

About 40 years ago, I learned a tip from a book.

"Before doing anything, ask yourself two questions: 1) Is it necessary to do it? Is it right to do it?"


I still remember myself standing near a bookshelf in Junagadh District Public Library. I still remember opening of pages of book at random, reading this and digesting this. It appealed strongly in my mind. It became memorised for life there and then.

Over the years, I remember to have used this tip while resolving some very crucial "Do or not to Do" dilemmas. This tip helped.

But barring these few isolated situation, I do not apply this tip in real life. This tip is just like a show case piece in my knowledge.

This is an example to show that knowledge gathered but not put in practice has little value.

Haresh Raichura
5/11/13



-(C) Copyright