November 5, 2013

Truth, Sex and dark areas of human mind or human behaviors - My view #Psychology #Law #Rapes

About 40 year ago, I read a book on morals, written by a Christian author, addressed to young age people.

It said, Sex is like a wolf. The more you feed, stronger it becomes, and demands more.

At that time, I had also read ancient scriptures which said, Sex is like a fire. To satisfy it is like pouring oil on fire. Fire grows more.

Then, I read work of Dr. Sigmund Freud. He first time did scientific investigation in dark areas of mind from where sensual thoughts arise.

At the same time, I had also read a book titled "In defence of Sensuality".

Then I read about Mahatma Gandhi, who had shown courage to put his own sensual thoughts, as objectively as possible.

Then I read books of psychologies where psychologists had put blunt and explicit questions to college students to survey truth around sex beliefs and drives.

As I look back over the issue, I think more investigation is still needed.

Sex drives are pre-programmed in all animals. They are driven to procreate and multiply. This is how the world continues to live on. This is how we are created.

But at which point, these drives over possess an animal, controls it and forces it to break social boundaries and violence? And to commit rapes?

Rapes are instances were sex drives have possessed its victims and they are driven to self destructive paths.

Psychiatrists speak about biochemicals. Sociologists speak about social circumstances. Some blame parents. Laws speak about crime and punishments.

In my view : An issue is not properly understood until it can be controlled.


In my view, all the sciences put together, have not still understood these sensual drives and their Tipping Off points.


Haresh Raichura
5/11/13