October 28, 2013

Junior Advocates who want to become High Court Judges should always wear a good suit - said a Judge

Presently he is a sitting judge in a High Court. But some years ago he was my friend and he also used practice in Supreme Court.

One day, he asked me from where I had purchased my very good looking coat!

I told him that it was a Diwali Gift from a client. The coat was made probably by some South Delhi tailor.

Then he explained reason behind his query. He said one should always remain best suited. If we remain best suited, the Chief Justice or some judges may notice us. And if they see merit in us, we may get a chance to be appointed as High Court Judge.

I only smiled and forgot.

After some years he was elevated as High Court Judge and he is presently a Judge in some high court.

I write this for benefit of Junior advocates. There is really no harm in remaining always best suited.

Haresh Raichura
28/10/13