October 31, 2013

Struggling Lawyers, coming from poor families, type their cases also to save money.

I remember a small portable Ramington typewriters.

In early years of practice, it was difficult to survive. Small cases and small fees.

I used to type my cases on small typewriter at home. This saved money which I may have to otherwise pay to typist.

After marriage, my wife also used to help me in typing.

The days changed. Prosperity came. Now two to three typists do the job.

Recently, I met a junior advocate. He had come from some state to practice in Supreme Court. Here he could not find placement.

So he hid fact of advocacy. And sought employment as a computer typist. He soon got job.

After some years, when he had become indispensable to his employer lawyer, he disclosed his identity of advocate.

Now he is working in his office as Advocate.

Point: Junior lawyers have to pass struggling period. Nothing to be ashamed of in typing cases. One can earn and learn.

Haresh Raichura
31/10/13

(C) Copyright