October 6, 2013

"Don't stand in lobby of court. Sit inside court."- Judge said to lawyer

The incident is small. The meaning is very deep.

My case was called out. I was waiting outside court. It took me about a minute or more for reaching from door of crowded court to in front of Judge.

The Judge was Justice S.P. Bharucha. He later also became Chief Justice of India.

Judge asked me, "Where were you?"

I said, "I was just outside the court waiting for my case."

Judge said, "Don't stand in lobby. Sit in Court."

This was a small incident.

The deeper meaning is :

There are two types of lawyers. Those who are always inside the court. And those who are mostly outside the court.

Those who sit inside the court are usually more weightier ( and wealthier) than those who usually remain outside the court.



-Haresh Raichura
6/10/13