January 15, 2014

An Indian- He started giving ₹1000/- donation everyday. When he died, he gave donation of ₹10 million per day

Deepchand Gardi was his name. He recently died. You can find about him on Facebook or Google.

He was a lawyer. His father was a lawyer.

In some land cases, his father earned huge money.

Deepchand Gardi decided to donate ₹1000/- everyday for any good looking social cause.

When he died recently he was giving donation of ₹ 10 millions daily as someone told me.

Once he had given donation for constructing building for Bar Council of Gujarat at Ahmedabad.

At that time he came to Ahmedabad and addressed lawyers of High Court.

He said, "We are lawyers. The more we give to society, the more we enlarge."

I remember him. Once I dropped a message to him on Facebook, saying how he inspired me. He liked my message.

I never took this opportunity to seek any donations from him for any purpose.




Rest of this story is as told to me by other lawyers of Ahmedabad.

Haresh Raichura
1098