January 30, 2014

Too many directions equals to going in no direction. To find one's direction is a bliss

There is a bliss when we find one direction one calling of our life.

We are born to different parents, at different places, with different skills.

Our calling or directions can be different. There are billions of stars in sky. Their paths are different. So different are our paths.

So our calling can also be different. I have tried to follow role models of many persons. I have failed. I ended up with feeling that I am no good.

Then recently, I heard voice of God. It came through voice of a human being.

The voice simply told me, I was great in what I was doing. He said every work which I did on my own was a master piece. He asked me why I was trying to be like others? Why I was trying to do like others? Why I was performing so poorly by trying to do what others do?


I was always trying to go in different directions at same time. I was like a man who was trying to open a locked door with different keys and no key was working.

Perhaps I may have read or heard such words many times in past. Many time I had read that we should do what what we love to do. So far these type of words did not change me.

But this time these words rang differently. The words were loud and clear.

A new born comes in the world, and sees a brand new world! He sees parents who care for him. He sees thousands of things around him. He is no more caged in womb. A bright new world opens before him.

I experienced similar type of sensation. I felt as if I have found calling of my life. I felt as if I have found my path.

And yet here, at this very moment, I feel fear. The clear path which I now see could be an illusion.

I fear that the new light which I am now seeing, may fade away in a couple of days. I may find myself once again in the old rut of thinking.

I may find myself once again boggled down by "Shoulds" of this world. My wife, my son, my staff, my clients, my superiors, my circumstances - all say what I should do and what I should not do.

And at Top of all these, I keep telling myself "What I should do, what I must do". And if I fail to obey these commands, I feel unhappy and deficient.

How far the "Shoulds" of this world continue to keep me down is yet to be seen.

But presently, I do feel that I have found one direction to move forward. One path to walk on it.

The path is, "Do sincerely the tasks which are assigned to you."

All I need to ask myself is "What task is assigned to me today?"

And then to do that task sincerely.

Haresh Raichura
1149