January 26, 2014

Three Faces of Worry

I worry a lot. There may be many persons who worry like me.

I mainly worry in three areas:

A) To do this or not to do this.

B) Have I done right thing, or have I done wrong thing,

C) Will this happen to me or will this not happen to me.

To deal with A) and B) types of worry, a friend called M. N. Tandon, gave me following advice:-

"Know that you are not the DOER. If He wants to get something done through you, then you will be forced to do it, even if you may not want to do it. And if He, does not want you to do something, then you will not be able to do it, however hard you may try."

As per above his advice, A) and B) type of worries are meaningless.

Regarding C) Type of worry, there is message of Lord Krishna in GITA:-

"That which is going to happen to you is bound to happen and that which is not going to happen to you is never going to happen to you. Therefore, you should neither worry about what has happened to you, nor you should worry about what has yet not happened to you."

The question that troubles me is :-
If I know that worrying in above above A,B, C area is meaningless, then why do I worry?

Haresh Raichura
1134


Feedback by Mr. M.N.Tandon:- 
"You are worrying because you still think that you are the Doer."

It means, the fact that I am worrying proves that I think that I am doer. Until I can change my thinking, I cannot stop worrying.