September 14, 2016

S-4 A poem that changes our attitudes and conduct to the world

S-4  During my short Vipasana break, I spent time on memorising  poem "Vaishnav Jan To Tene Re Kahie", by poet Narsinh Mehta.

I  also heard his other poems available on YouTube. In Narsinh Mehta, I found a great philosopher and a great human being.

Recently a group of German Scholar had come to India to make Research on poems of Narsinh Mehta.

His poems are full of psychological and philosophical gems. Unfortunately, no English translations of his poems are seen by me.

If there is no such translation available, it is a lose to the world.

There is one reason why Gandhiji used to daily publicly recite this poem "Vaishnav Jan to Tene Re Kahie".

The reason which seems to me is, if we understand meaning of each stanzas of this poem, it changes our Attitude to the World instantly.

It improves us from our core of soul. We do not have to make any efforts to change ourselves. The words of poem changes us automatically by their neuro linguistic powers.

Haresh Raichura 14/9/2016