September 27, 2016

S-8 About emotional jolts we give to clients while discussing weak points of their cases

I have lost many many cases and many many clients by not caring about the emotional jolts I was giving to them while discussing weak points of their cases. On the other hands, I have seen professional humbleness in doctors when they discuss disease with their patients. In many Senior Advocates also I have seen this professional humbleness. In conferences, you suddenly feel at home with them. They first set emotional rapport before beginning discussions of case. I think I could have done better had someone told me early about these emotional transfers which are taking place when we discuss weak points of a case with a client. My senior Vasant J. Desai once said that it is our duty to give hopes to clients. They come to us with hopes and for hopes. Even if a case is hopeless, it is not necessary to say so bluntly. They come to us with hopes that we will try our best to get justice for them. Their emotions need to be taken care of also.
Haresh Raichura 27/9/16