September 26, 2016

S-7 A short autobiography of a first generation lawyer :

Friends, I am a first generation Advocate. Started in District Court and reached Supreme Court. I did not have money to buy a black coat.

An advocate friend sold his coat to me on loan of Rs.500/-. I struggled very hard.

From District Court at Junagadh, I shifted to High Court at Ahmedabad. From there in 1990, I shifted to Supreme Court.

Here in 1992, I passed Advocate on Record Exam in Supreme Court.

Today I have a chamber in Supreme Court. My son has now joined me as Advocate. I have lived a life of struggle which all first generation lawyers have to pass through.

This is my brief autobiography. I have written this today at request of a first generation lawyer practising in Pune -

Haresh Raichura /26/9/2016