March 23, 2012

Gandhiji (11) Can One Single Man Stop Parliament From Passing Any Bill?

I would like to explain this point to you( 1) By one example of Gandhij  (2) From movie "Network" and (3) From some basic principle of Law of Evidence. (4) From a personal experience.


1) Gandhiji's example :

He was in South Africa.

Some Bill was likely to be passed in Parliament against Indians in South Africa. Time was very short.

He asked people (1) to send telegrams to all members of Parliaments.(2) He asked people to collect at least 25000 signatures.

As soon as the telegrams reached, the Bill was put on hold. Then he also sent memorandum of 25000 signatures.

Here, we stop. It is enough to see that Bill was immediately put on hold. Further story is not needed to explain point which I wish make.


2) Movie "Network" Story.:  

 A TV Anchor was running a popular TV show where current political situations were discussed and analysed.

Some one was preparing script and he has to play it.

He saw that everything which was being shown to TV Audience was fake. People were being fooled.

One day he goes mad.

Instead of speaking as per prepared speech, he began to start speaking from his heart. He began to speak that what was being fed to people on TV was fake, and then he began to explain true political games.

Since, it was live show and he was "On Air", it was difficult to stop him.

He kept pouring out his heart for 45  minutes. After the show was over, management decided to remove this man who had gone mad.

But by evening, his show had become a Hit and everyone wanted his more shows.

Management felt, it was commercially lots of profitable to continue his show. He was continued and was allowed to speak whatever he wished.

His show began to increase TRP of channel by day and night, by leaps and bounds. He no more used notes or prepared speeches. He spoke directly from heart and people liked the truth.

Then one day, One America's leading News Channel decided to sell all its shares to an Arab Country.

The Anchor spoke against this deal, in his show, "This is not good. This news channel is soul of America and it cannot be sold away to a foreign country."

He asked everyone to send a telegram to President asking him to stop the deal.
In 24 hours, millions of telegram reached President.

The deal was put on hold immediately.

Here we stop the story.

3) Basic Principle of Evidence:

Whatever is spoken or written, if it is verifiable by a third independent party, it is a strong and almost undeniable evidence.

When you send a telegram, the telegraph office man reads what you have written. He counts words. Then the telegraph office, where the telegram reaches, downloads it, reads it, and delivers it.

It has impact on the receiver of telegram.

I have found that if you send Registered AD letters to all members of Parliament and Rajya Sabha, no one cares.

If you write to PM or President, no one replies.

This Telegram method, I have still not tried on members of Parliament.

But when some client will come, with right cause and capacity to bear expanses, I will ask him to send telegrams to all members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.

Then we will see the reaction.

4)  My one experiment: 

I have made many experiment with telegrams. But one is enough for this article.

Some years ago, One day, I feared some anti-social elements. I sent a telegram to chief Justice of India. That day at night at 2 AM, two police officers came on a bike near my house.

I was frightened. I felt that anti-socials had come. But no, they were police officers, they checked my name plate on house and checked that everything was peaceful in area.

Next day morning, again two police officers came, they gave me their personal mobile numbers and told me to call them if I need any help.

Then I saw that a Police PCR van was stationed for six month in my area.

This is my experience.

(P.S. The recollections of about Gandhiji might have some incorrection, because I am neither Gandhian nor I have read much about him. Recollection about movie Network are also from far memories.)

Haresh Raichura

23/2/2012