April 23, 2012

How to address a letter to "Who's Who in India" to seek their help?

A twitter friend wants to set up some kind of workshop for physically disabled but differently empowered people. He requested a format in which he can write letter to Who's Who in India. Here is a sample:

Respected Sir,


I do not have any Strong Relatives or Friends except You. Hence I am compelled to write this letter to you by looking up your address in Who's Who in India.


I just want to set up a small workshop for physically disabled but differently empowered people at ______.


I wonder if you have any friends who can help me.


I do not know whether this letter will reach to you or not. But 5000 Years ago, a Mysterious Man told us in GITA that if any one will express his wishes before You, his wishes shall be fulfilled by Him, in accordance with Your nature and strength and in accordance with my merits.


Hence, I have taken up courage to write this letter. Enclosed is one page summary of what I wish to do.


Thanking you,


Yours truly,


( )


My address and contact details:


(Encl:One page outline of project)
-------

This is sample. Drop letters by ordinary post and then FORGET about it. Your letter could be screened out by his secretary. And even if it reaches to Him, he may decide against helping you. You may not receive any acknowledgement of letter also. This will be your experiment with GITA. You may fail also. We are entirely God-Dependant. Check up in Humanity section of Who's Who in India book to see if there is anyone doing active social work.

It is also possible that you may receive help from unknown sources. Or God may give you direct inspiration and light so that you can start moving on your own even without any help from Who's Who in India.