April 12, 2012

Become Stress Free by Understanding Hindu "Rule of Crow and Papaya."

In Hindu mythology, there is a philosophical rule known as "Crow and Papaya Rule" I read this rule many years ago. It makes me stress free immediately. Though you may be already aware about this rule or similar rules, I have briefly restated it here for my own satisfaction. (Papaya is a large size fruit growing on a tree)

Story of A Crow and A Papaya

One day, a crow came flying and sat on a branch of a papaya tree.

Next second, a Papaya Fruit fell from branch above, and fell it right on head of crow.

The Crow died on the spot.

An extra-ordinary general board meeting of philosophers was called by King.


The philosophers discussed for days to find out connection between 'sitting of crow on branch' and 'falling of Papaya fruit at same moment' and 'Dying of Crow on the spot'

After discussions for months, the Meeting of Philosophers reached to a consensus view. They said,

"This is a very big world. Such things keep happening every minute at thousands places in world. Therefore, there is no need to discuss such events" 

This was named, "Crow & Papaya Rule"

Whenever, I feel stressed about any shocking incidents in this world, I recall this ancient rule and become worry free immediately.

I think there are such rules in every religion and cultures.

Haresh Raichura
12/4/12