April 25, 2012

How to read a persons from slips of pen, slips of tongue and from his tweets?

I first learned words "Slips of Pen" and "Slips of Tongue" in Dr.Sigmund Freud's book, "Psychoanalysis in Everyday Life". I read this book in my college days, 40 years ago. But since then this knowledge has helped me many times and at times, it had been a life-saving for me.

This knowledge can be stated in simple words like this:

Many times, while writing something, we make mistakes. We immediately cross off it and use another word which we wish to use. Freud says that the word which we crossed off, was reflecting our true intention.

He gave many examples in his book. One example I still remember is about a man who goes to a chemist shop and asks for poison to kill mice. While asking for poison, his tongue slipped and my mistake he used word "Man" instead of "Mice". He immediately corrected his slip of tongue and said that he needed poison to get rid of mice in his field. The chemist asked him to come in evening.

After the man left, the Chemist reported this incident to police. The police caught hold of the man and interrogated him. It turned out that he had plans to inject the poison in city water supply.

Then Freud gave various examples to make of a point that every slip of pen or tongue we make, could indicate true things going on in our inner head.

SOMETHING FURTHER

Because of this knowledge in book, over years, I used to look at every slip of tongue of others with curiosity. 

I roughly learned that,

Just like every person has his own unique signature, every person has his own patterns of speaking and writing. When he is lying, his pattern deflects. And it is very easy to notice it"

As lawyers, we have to read reported judgements of courts. 

It must be experience of many lawyers and judges, that while reading these cases, 

(1) Sometimes by reading a paragraph, we can say which Judge has dictated judgement. 
(2) We can see paragraphs where judge is struggling to give wrong reasons. 
(3) For this very reason, if trial court judge has written some wrong judgement with some ulterior motive, the Superior Court can easily see it.

Years ago, I argued before one Bench in Supreme Court, that "The Trial Court Judgement, by which my client was sent to life imprisonment, was actually written 80% by this Trial judge's steno and only 20% by the trial Court Judge himself. The language of judgement says so!" 

My argument was based on my knowledge of patterns and slips of pen in judgement. Fortunately, the Court dismissed my argument. Because even if I may be right about trial court judgement, it does not prove that my client was not guilty. 

But the fact remains that, each one of us has our own patterns of writing and speaking. And these patterns deflect a little, when we are lying.

Now About Reading Minds of a Person through his tweets.


I have only one experience. Someone from a neighbour country tweeted and asked that, since his ancestors were Indian, whether he can now become Indian citizen. I looked up law and tweeted him. A couple of days later, a thought came to my mind, and I checked other tweets of this friend. One of his tweet to his other friend, read, "Why only Hindu girls are converting? Why Hindu boys are not converting?"

I discontinued following him and stopped further communication. This friend may be good and pious person but personally,  I do not support attempts to convert by Any Religious people. 

All these lead to only miseries for mankind and bad reputations for all Gods.

Final Conclusion

It is possible to read people through their tweet, slips of pen, slips of tongue, patterns of grammatical mistakes, patterns of sentence structure and through deflections in this patterns. 

It is a good idea to study tweets of some person to know his overall mental aptitudes. 

Haresh Raichura
24/4/2012