April 30, 2012

What may happen to your properties when Lawyers Will Enter in Business of Buying and Selling Disputed Properties?

Legal Horrors have started Surfacing in India!! Two brothers have disputes about their properties. Their Court case is going on. They both hope for justice. Now imagine the horror!! Some lawyers who have no connections with the case, arrive and make spot survey of property from a distance. They estimate market value of property. It will be usually in millions of rupees.

Then they start looking for buyer for the disputed property. Some one invests. Someone agrees to buy. The two brothers, real owners, will know nothing until a legal rope will come around their neck, which will force, them to sell their property and to accept price offered to them!

If you have any property dispute in any court, well, I have nothing to say. I can say nothing. Take care.

I am not a reformist. I have nothing against lawyers who earn in their own way.
I write this post only because today, during lunch break, one of my former stenographers came to seek my advice. He asked me if it is OK to join business with some such lawyers.

I advised him to stay away from such things.

Haresh Raichura
30/4/2012