April 29, 2012

New Child Abuse Law Warning: If law to provide for Life Imprisonment for rape on minor is passed, murders of minor girls will increase.

If you doubt, you can re-read this post after one year. Today's Times of India front page news reads,"Woman's  body found in capital, 3rd in 5 days."... If criminal laws are passed without consulting Judiciary and without obtaining opinions of Qualified Criminologists, every law passed to decrease a crime, is bound increase that crime.


If I am not mistaken, a Bill is already approved by Government to Punish with Life Imprisonment for rapes on minor. Soon this will become law.

Next time when any criminal will rape a minor, after committing rape, he will think like this; "Punishment for this rape is life imprisonment. Punishment for murder is also life Imprisonment. If I murder this girl now, she will no more be available to be witness against me. I will have better chances to escape law if I murder this girl now".

Then we will hear more stories of "Murder and Rape of minor girl".

I think before this law is passed, Government should take opinion of some judges, lawyers and criminologists.

Haresh Raichura
29/4/2012