April 15, 2012

New Laws of Science about Which We Are Not Ready Even To Listen

Galileo was put under house arrest for saying that the Sun is still and the Earth is moving around it.

Now certain new similar laws have come up. No one in the world may be seriously willing to listen to scientists who claim to have discovered these laws.

If we listen to these new laws, it may turn everything upside down in our head. And we don't want anyone to turn our thinking upside down.


My knowledge about these laws is very limited. You need not believe in these laws. We need not even argue about these new laws of science,. They look absolutely absurd.


The New Discoveries By Various Scientists


1.          THE UNIVERSE IS EXPANDING.


2.          WHATEVER YOU MEASURE, GROWS IN ITS MEASUREMENT. 


3.          WHATEVER YOU FOCUS ON EXPANDS


WHY WE CANNOT BE READY TO ACCEPT THESE NEW LAWS


Look at the Implications

If we believe in these laws, we may have to believe some absurd propositions.

1) Scientists say that, from the day they measured distance between Earth and Sun, the distance has started increasing. ........In same way everything they measured, started growing and expanding.

Even the size of Earth is growing bigger and bigger everyday.

To these all stuff, we may not have much objection. But like laws of Gravitation, these laws also affect us in our day today affairs also. 

Here the trouble starts.


Consider some one suggesting following absurd propositions based on these laws.


1) Scams began to increase in India, because Supreme Court began to measure it and focus on it.

2) Corruption has begun to Increase, because we have started focusing on corruption.

3) Budget Deficit has started increasing, because we started focusing on it.

4) Arrears of cases began to increase, because we started measuring arrears of cases. 


Scientists say whatever we measure, starts stretching on its own.


5) If we focus on wealth, wealth starts increasing.

6) If we focus on poverty, poverty will start increasing.

7) If we start focusing on export, exports will increase.

8) If we focus on losses, losses will start growing.

9) If we start measuring number of rapes, rapes will increase.

10) If we measure number of thefts, thefts will increase.

11) If we focus on illness, the illness increases.

12) If we focus on Health, health increases.



These looks like false make believe theories!



But then yesterday, a tweeter friend tweeted something which was completely new to me.

She tweeted, "Energy begins to flow in direction of our attention."


This is even more baffling. 


But here is how I feel:

If I focus on my thoughts, my thoughts start to expand.

If I focus on pageview number (right side top) of this blog, that number begins to increase.

If I begin to focus on quality of what I write, the quality of what I write, starts getting better.

I am unable to make up my mind about these laws.

It may take another 500 years before these laws are proved or disproved by other scientists.

But, I think, I should start resetting "Things which I measure and things on which my thoughts focus."

And I think, I should start doing it from this very moment itself.

Haresh Raichura
15/04/12